One of the ways in which you can make your kitchen appliances stand out in the market is through branding. The idea is to create a brand that differentiates the kitchen appliances you are selling from the ones being sold by competitors. You have to understand that at the functional level, a kitchen table is just a kitchen table. A fridge is just a fridge. The only way you can make yours stand out is by branding them — and then ensuring that the targeted buyers become aware of (and fond of) your brand.
In the process of branding your kitchen appliances, you will need to:
- Create a suitable brand identity: so here, the first thing to pay attention to is a brand name. This should be an easily recognizable name, and one that people can easily fall in love with. Then you may need to come up with a logo and a set/combination of brand colors. A graphic designer can help with the latter aspect – of designing a logo and identifying suitable brand colors.
- Transfer the brand identity to the kitchen appliances: this may be a question engraving the brand name (as well as the brand logo) on the kitchen appliances. Where engraving is not an option, you can opt to print stickers with the brand name and brand logo – which you’d then paste onto the kitchen appliances.
- Popularize the brand: the objective here is to get people to be familiar with the brand. Beyond familiarity, you also want the people to actually fall in love with the brand. This is the only way you can be sure that when they go shopping, they will be specifically looking for the kitchen appliances you are selling – and not those being sold by your competitors. To this end, you may need to advertise. You can advertise in the local newspapers. You can also advertise in the local TV station(s). You could even go a step further, and advertise online. Actually, you can’t afford to underestimate the power of online advertising in these sorts of ventures. Nowadays, all classes of people are ending up having to use the internet, to perform various day to day functions. For instance, someone who works at PepsiCo is bound to visit the Mypepsico login page every once in a while. He would be visiting the said page to sign in, and subsequently get to view his paychecks at Mypepsico.com. Now after viewing his paycheck, he may decide to check out various sites on the Internet. And that is how he may come across your kitchen appliances ads – if you bothered to set up some sort of online advertising campaign.
There are several strategies that you can use, while marketing kitchen appliances. In today’s article, we will be highlighting three key ones. These are strategies you can use, to improve kitchen appliances sales. As we all know, designing and manufacturing kitchen appliances is one thing. Being in a position to actually sell the kitchen appliances is a different challenge. You may have designed and manufactured very good kitchen appliances, only to end up failing to sell them (due to poor marketing). It is therefore very important to know the right strategies to use, while marketing kitchen appliances. And some of those strategies include:
- The placement strategy: this is the strategy where you network with the people who sell kitchen appliances, so as to get them to include your appliances in their inventories. This may be an arrangement where you simply enlist them to sell the kitchen appliances on your behalf. Then when they manage to make sales, you give them a commission. Or it may be a question of simply trying to persuade them to be buying the kitchen appliances (for resale in their stores) from you. Either way, the objective is to ensure that your kitchen appliances are available at the points of sales – that is, the retail outlets where people usually buy their kitchen appliances from.
- The advertisement strategy: this is the strategy where you put out adverts, telling people about your kitchen appliances and encouraging them to buy the said appliances. These may include online ads. Almost everyone is online nowadays – and that is something you can take advantage of, to market your kitchen appliances. That way, even a person who was going online to check his paystubs or work schedules can get to view your adverts and therefore consider buying your kitchen appliances. That may be, for instance, a Nordstrom employee, who is going to the Nordstrom HR portal, at www.mynordstrom.com. That particular portal is the one where Nordstrom employees get their paystubs and work schedules. After visiting the portal (at Mynordstrom.com, the employee in question may decide to browse around other sites. And that is how he would come across your kitchen appliances adverts. You can (and really should) include your contact details in the adverts: for instance, phone number that people who are interested in buying kitchen appliances from you can call. Then when you get calls, you try to convert them into successful sales.
- The exhibition strategy: this is where you acquire exhibition space in places that are frequented by many people. Then the people who are passing by can get to see your kitchen appliances on display. And if they are impressed with the appliances, they would be inclined to consider buying the said appliances.